Director: Ed Eliason, Danny Martin and Mel Langness
Thursday, Oct. 6 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Games ID badge required (8:45 am - Archers proceed to assigned targets for 9:00 am start)
Friday, Oct. 7 - 9:00 am - 5:00 pm Games ID badge required (8:45 am - Archers proceed to assigned targets for 9:00 am start)
Venue: Southern Utah Shooting Sports Park, 5650 West 700 South, Hurricane
Divisions: 5- Year Age Brackets - 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Sport Fee: $30 Per Person
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Participation will be limited to the first 112 Athletes.
• Archers may compete in one of the following classes:
Barebow Recurve - No sights, finger release and stabilizers. One consistent nocking point. Use of stabilizers shall be permitted. An adjustable arrow plate may be used provided it does not extend more than 1/4' above the arrow. Only one adjustable draw check and level mounted on the bow, neither of which may extend above the arrow and a mechanical type arrow rest and cusion plunger are permitted.
Barebow Compound - No sights, finger release and stabilizers. One consistent nocking point. Use of stabilizers shall be permitted. An adjustable arrow plate may be used provided it does not extend more than 1/4' above the arrow. Only one adjustable draw check and level mounted on the bow, neither of which may extend above the arrow and a mechanical type arrow rest and cusion plunger are permitted.
Freestyle Bowhunter* - Release aid, sight with 5 fixed pins, 12" stabilizer.
Freestyle Limited Recurve - Finger release, sights without magnification. String peep sights are not allowed (World Archery rules)
Freestyle Limited* - Finger release, any type of sight/scope and stabilizer.
Freestyle* - Release aid, any type of sight/scope and stabilizer.
Longbow - Longbow and finger release. No sights, clickers, drawchecks, stabilizers or levels. Only one anchor point. This style requires wooden arrows.
* May use either a recurve or compound bow.
Freestyle Limited Recurve will follow World Archery rules. All other classes will follow N.F.A.A. rules
Format / Rules:
• NFAA Rules will be used as a guideline.
• Freestyle Limited Recurve will follow World Archery Rules.
• Archers must provide their own bows and target arrows.
• Closed-toe shoes are required.
• Archers will shoot 56 total shots each day - 28 in the morning; 28 in the afternoon.
• Archers will take two shots at two targets at 14 locations in the morning and 14 in the afternoon.
• Distance to targets will not exceed 45 yards.
• Distance to targets will be marked at each location.
• Distance to targets will be unmarked for Traditional events.
• Distance to targets will be changed each day.
• Size of targets will range between a jackalope and a caribou.
• Ring scoring will be used - 10 / 8 / 5 / Animal
• Participants must complete events to earn a medal.
• The Director of shooting shall be advised if an archer, when drawing back the string of his bow uses any technique which, in the opinion of the judges, could allow the arrow, if accidentally released, to fly beyond a safety zone. If the archer persists in using such a technique, he shall, in the interest of safety, be asked by the Games Director or DOS to stop shooting immediately and to leave the field. Archers must draw back with the arrow pointed at the target, not at the sky.
Lunch, soda and water will be available for a reasonable fee.
In each class and age division, Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three scores. There will be no tie-breakers. When ties exist, both archers will be given identical medals. Medals will be awarded at the Sport Sponsor Social.
Sport Social: (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Friday, Oct. 7
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Washington City Community Center, 350 North Community Center Dr., Washington (North side of the building)