Assistants: Laurie Goulding, Doug Jensen
Monday, Oct. 13 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 14 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sunrise Ridge Intermediate School, 3167 South 2350 East, St. George
Pine View Middle School, 2145 East 130 North, St. George
Desert Hills Middle School, 936 East Desert Hills Drive, St. George
Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles
Divisions: 5-Year Age Brackets
Individuals / Partners: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$8 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Registration is limited to the first 100 participants. Be sure you and your partner register early.
• Badminton participants may not participate in other sports scheduled during their Badminton event(s).
• Participants may enter all three events, but only once in each event.
• If you need a partner in any doubles event, check PartnerFinder for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners.
• Participants shall provide their USAB Rating on their registration form.
FORMAT / RULES
• USAB rules will govern play.
• Participants must bring their own racquets.
• Natural-feathered shuttlecocks will be provided.
• Day 1 - Singles and Doubles; Day 2 - Mixed Doubles
• Tournament format will be round-robin followed by single or double-elimination depending on the number of participants in the age division.
• Match is best of three to 21, win by two, cap at 29. If score reaches 29 - All, the 30th point wins that game.
• Rally scoring will be used.
• Umpires and linesmen will be provided upon request.
• Depending on entries, age divisions may be combined for round-robin play but will be separated for championship / medal play.
• Participants must present their HWSG ID Badge at the venue check-in desk 30 minutes prior to their first event.
• Practice time will be available at Sunrise Ridge Intermediate School (3167 South 2350 East, St. George) on Sunday, Oct. 12, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.
SPORT SPONSOR SOCIAL (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Monday, Oct 13
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: St. George Children's Museum (3rd Floor), 86 S Main St., St. George