Sponsored By: St. George Chess Center
Director: Alan Crooks
Assistants: Tom Martin and Kevin Ward
Tournament Director: Byron Doyle
Friday, Oct. 8 - 1:00 pm - 5:30 pm
Saturday, Oct. - 9 - 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
St. George Chess Center, 354 E 600 S #301, St. George
Divisions: 5-Year Age Brackets - 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
Sport Fee: $5 Per Person
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
FORMAT / RULES
• Tournament is sanctioned by USCF.
• USCF rated tournament rules will govern play.
• All participants must be members of USCF.
• USCF memberships will be available for purchase at the on-site check-in desk. Annual memberships - $41; single event membership - $12.
• The tournament will be run by a Certified Tournament Director.
• All equipment will be provided by the St. George Chess Center, but participants are encouraged to bring their clock if they own one.
• Participants will be divided into divisions according to age.
• Each participant will play 5 rounds – 2 rounds on Friday and 3 rounds on Saturday.
• Participants must play in all sessions. If a participant cannot attend a session due to conflict with another sport, a ½-point bye is available if the participant notifies the Tournament Director at least two hours before their round.
• Participants must present their HWSG ID Badge at the venue check-in desk between 11:30 am and 12:30 pm on the first day of play.
• For additional information regarding this tournament go to stgeorgechess.com.
MEDALS and PRIZES
In each age division, Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the three highest scores.