Director: Blake Boulter
Events: Hill Climb, Time Trial, Criterium, Road Race
5-Year Age Brackets - 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Skill Divisions - I, II, & III and Recumbent Division
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$14 Per Event
• View Current List of 2014 Cycling Competitors (Please give the report a little time to "build")
• Event is sanctioned by USA Cycling (#_______) – USA Cycling rules apply.
• Annual or Day Licenses are mandatory. CAT 1, 2, 3 and 4 riders must have an annual license and race in HWSG Division I. International licenses will be honored.
• Purchase licenses prior to Games – USA Cycling (719-434-4200 or www.usacycling.org) or purchase licenses at Pre-Race Meeting - Annual Membership ($60) or Day License ($10 per day)
• Indicate your division on your registration form:
Skill Division I - Expert / Extreme
Skill Divison II - Experienced
Skill Divison III - Recreational
• Athletes registering in the Recumbent Division may only participate in the Hill Climb and/or Time Trial Events
• If you have a USA Cycling annual license and you race in 2 or more events (other than Huntsman World Senior Games) this year, you are required to race in Division I.
• Divisions will be monitored based on last year’s results. Last year's Overall Winners in each category (except “Division I”) must move up.
MANDATORY PRE-RACE MEETING
• Monday, Oct. 6 – 3:00 pm – Dixie Center
• License sales and bib distribution will begin at 3:00 pm. Cyclists will be required to present their HWSG ID Badge and their USA Cycling license to receive their bib packet. Race Review will begin at 4:00 pm.
• Cycling Course Maps - Criterium, Hill Climb, Road Race, Time Trial
• Official Cycling Race Bibles will also be available at the Pre-Race Meeting.
• Helmets are mandatory at all times.
• No bare shoulders.
• Handlebar extensions or "aerobars" are not allowed in any race with a mass start.
• Start times for each race will be posted at the Dixie Center throughout the Games and at the race venue on race day.
Date: Tuesday, Oct. 7
Time: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Venue: Snow Canyon State Park – Sand Dunes - 1002 North Snow Canyon Drive, Ivins
Course: Uphill rollies 4% to 8%; short sections 10% to 11%; scenic, colorful canyon. View Course Map.
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 8
Time: 9:00 am – 3:00 pm
Venue: Southern Parkway (I-15 Exit 2)
40K - Division I: M 50-64; W 50-54
40K - Division II: M 50-64
40K - Recumbent (All Ages)
20K – All other skill and age divisions
Course: Begins at I-15 Exit 2 Southern Parkway towards the airport. Out and back course consisting of rolling hills, majestic views of Pine Valley Mountain and desert vistas. View Course Map.
Date: Thursday, Oct. 9
Time: 9:00 am – 5:00 pm
Venue: Former St. George Airport, 600 S Airport Rd., St. George
34K-15 Laps - Division I: M 50-64,
16K-7 Laps - All other skill and age divisions
Course: Oval airport runway; 2.28K per lap. View Course Map
Date: Friday, Oct. 10
Time: 9:00 am – 2:00 pm
Venue: Ivins, Gunlock, Snow Canyon State Park - 50 West Center, Ivins
62K - Division I: M 50-69
62K - Division II: M 50-64
50K - Division I: M 70-74, W 50-64
50K - Division II: M 65-69; W 50-64
37K - All other skill and age divisions
Course: Three start locations: 62K-Ivins; 50K-Gunlock Turnoff; 37K-Gunlock. “Circuit” course - 1 lap = 62K; start/end 3,000 feet altitude; rollies, 1,700 foot gain/loss, upgrades mostly under 6% but one 9% (0.4 mile), one 6%-11% (1.1 mile). Long downhill, fast, twisty, challenging descent through scenic Snow Canyon State Park (reverse Hill Climb) near finish. View Course Map.
• Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and 4th, 5th and 6th place ribbons will be awarded for each age and division following each event.
• Overall Awards will be presented to Overall Winners in each Age Division and each Skill Division as follows:
Skill Division I - Huntsman World Senior Games Overall Jersey
Skill Division II - Winner’s Jersey
Skill Division III - Winner’s Cycling Shirt
Participants must enter a minimum of three events to qualify for “overall” awards. Overall awards will be presented at the Sport Sponsor Social.
• Athletes in the Recumbent Division will not be eligible for "overall" awards.
• The David Richardson Award will be presented at the Sport Sponsor Social for outstanding sportsmanship displayed throughout the cycling event, embodying the true spirit of the Games. The recipient of this very special award will be selected through a vote by the cyclists during the cycling event.
SPORT SPONSOR SOCIAL (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Friday, October 10
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Washington County Regional Park (Fairgrounds), 5500 West 700 South, Hurricane