Director: Mindy Case
Pool / Tournament Play - October 10 - October 13
8:00 am - 2:00 pm
Finals - October 13
Bronze - 5:30 pm; Gold - 7:30 pm
Women 50+, Invitation Only
Pool / Tournament Play - Dixie Convention Center - Exhibit Hall, 1835 Convention Center Dr., St. George
Finals - Desert Hills High School, 828 Desert Hills Dr., St. George
Accepted Teams for 2011
USAV Rules govern play throughout the tournament, which will begin on Monday, October 10 and will culminate in the medal matches being played on Thursday, October 13. Pool play is free to watch and will take place in the Dixie Center. The finals will be held at the Desert Hills High School Main Gym with the Bronze Medal games starting at 5:30 p.m.. Tickets for the finals are available for just $7.00 and will be sold at the Dixie Center beginning October 3 and at the door, the night of the finals. The public is welcome and encouraged to attend and cheer on their favorite team. Huntsman World Senior Games athletes and volunteers will be able to attend the finals free of charge with their athlete identification.
FORMAT / RULES
• 2009 – 2011 USAV rules will govern play.
• Net Height: Global Cup net will be at regular women’s height - 7’ 4-1/8”.
• Teams must have uniforms of identical shirts with permanent numbers 1-99 centered on shirt (minimum size: 4” on front, 6” on back).
- Uniform numbers for each player must be identified to the championship desk prior to your game. After first game, no uniform number changes will be allowed.
• USAV substitution rule will be in effect. Twelve (12) substitutions will be allowed per team, unlimited per player. A starting player in the set may leave and re-enter, but only in her previous position in the line-up. More than one substitute may enter the same position in the set.
• The ‘new’ 2011-2013 rule will be used in regards to jewelry. Players may wear jewelry that is not deemed by the referees to cause a safety hazard.
• Teams will be allowed to designate one Libero per set.
• First two days of play will consist of pool play followed by double elimination championship play.
• Only players who play on a team during pool play will be eligible to play on that same team during championship play.
• There are six teams in this year’s Global Cup. Teams will not be seeded for pool play. Teams will be listed alphabetically.
• The first two days will be round robin pool play. All play will be best 2 out of 3 matches, 0- 25, 0-15 in deciding set.
• The third day of play will be the beginning of a double elimination bracket. Some teams might only play one or two matches on this day.
• Teams entered in the Global Cup will NOT be required to provide officiating work teams.
SPORT SPONSOR SOCIAL
Session 1 - Monday, Oct. 10
Location: Washington County Regional Park - Fairgrounds