Singles, Pairs and Triples
Monday, Oct. 6 – Saturday, Oct. 11; 9:00 am – 5:00 pm daily
SunRiver Lawn Bowls Greens, 4275 South Country Club Drive, St. George
Singles: Men - 50-69, Men - 70+; Women (No age divisions)
Pairs: Mixed / Matched - 50-69; Mixed / Matched 70+
Triples: Mixed / Matched - No age division
$5 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Tournament is open to members of any Lawn Bowls Club or any individual with a proper basic knowledge of the rules of Lawn Bowls and reasonable competitive experience.
• If you need a partner in the Pairs or Triples event, check PartnerFinder for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners.
• 56 person limit in Singles across all divisions.
• 42 team limit in Pairs across both divisions.
• 16 team limit in Triples division.
FORMAT / RULES
• USLBA (Bowls USA) rules will govern play.
• A certified official will be on site throughout the tournament.
• There will be four qualifying games in Singles and Pairs divisions, two each on the first two days of the events (subject to number of entries). Qualifying games will be 10 ends with no time limit. The top four teams or players, or the top eight if there are 12 or more in a division, advance to the championship games. Championship games will be 12 ends with no time limit. Triples format will be a round-robin, or a single or double elimination, or combination thereof, depending on the number of teams.
• Preferred dress is whites or cream and shall conform to USLBA (Bowls USA) dress codes. However, team members may wear matching colored shirts and Singles may wear colored shirts, pants, shorts or skirts of any color.
• Smooth-soled, heel-less shoes are required (any color).
• Team’s age division will be determined by the age of the younger team member.
• Games that end in a tie will be decided by bowling additional ends, until the tie is broken.
• Participants must present their HWSG ID Badge and Lawn Bowls Accreditation by 8:30 am at the venue check-in on the first day of each event.
• Tournament draws will be made approximately two weeks prior to Monday, October 6, at the offices of the Huntsman World Senior Games. They will be available online shortly after drawing. Bowling is scheduled to begin at 9:00 am sharp each day.
EVENT SCHEDULE (Subject to change based on entries)
Monday - Friday, October 6 - 10: Triples
Monday - Wednesday, Oct. 6 - 8: Pairs
Thursday - Saturday, Oct. 9 - 11: Singles
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals and 4th Place ribbons will be awarded to the top finishers in each division. There will also be an Overall Medal award for Men 50-69, Men 70+ and Women. All awards will be presented at the Sport Sponsor Social.
SPORT SPONSOR SOCIAL (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Saturday, Oct. 11
Time: 6:00 pm
Location: Comfort Inn at Convention Center, 138 East Riverside Drive, St. George
Hosted by: The SunRiver Lawn Bowls Club
Sunday, October 5 – 5:00 pm – SunRiver Community Center - outdoor pool patio.
This is a pot-luck event. SunRiver and St. George local players will sign up to bring dishes and out of town players are guests of the locals.