Black Bear Diner
Directors: Norm and Kathy Frable
Race Walk - 1500M, 3000M and 5000M
Power Walk - 1500M, 3000M and 5000M
Monday, Oct. 5 - 3000M Race Walk - 8:00 am
Monday, Oct. 5 - 3000M Power Walk - 9:00 am
Tuesday, Oct. 6 - 1500M Race Walk - 8:00 am
Tuesday, Oct. 6 - 1500M Power Walk - 9:00 am
Wednesday, Oct. 7 - 5000M Race Walk - 8:00 am
Wednesday, Oct. 7 - 5000M Power Walk - 9:00 am
1500M, 3000M Race Walk and Power Walk: Snow Canyon HS Track, 1385 North Lava Flow Drive, St. George
5000M Race Walk and Power Walk: UNITY Park, 325 West 400 South, Ivins
5-Year Age Brackets - 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries.
$10 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
Format / Rules:
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge at the venue check-in desk one hour before the start of each race.
• All Racewalking events will be conducted in accordance with USA Track & Field rules; specifically Article III, Section VI, RACEWALKING, Rule 150, General Rules and Article II, Officials, Rule 39, Judges of Racewalking.
• Athletes must use proper racewalking techniques or risk disqualification.
• Athletes must not wear clothing that could impede the view of the judges (i.e., the knees and legs must be clearly visible at all times - so athletic shorts or tights must be worn).
• Both a computerized and a back-up timing system will be used.
• Certified Racewalking judges will be used for all events.
• Race numbers must be visible on both front and back. Power Walkers will have different color bib numbers.
• Racewalking is a progression of steps taken so the walker makes contact with the ground with no visible (to the human eye) loss of contact. The advancing leg must be straightened (i.e., not bent at knee) from the moment of first contact with the ground until the leg is in the vertical upright position.
• The Racewalking judges shall have the sole authority to determine the fairness or unfairness of racewalking, and their rulings shall be final and without appeal. Any competitor who receives a warning from three separate judges shall be disqualified and so informed.
• Power Walking is a progression of steps taken so the walker makes contact with the ground with no visible (to the human eye) loss of contact. The advancing leg can be bent as it passes under the body. Judges will look for loss of road contact and a competitor can be disqualified if they receive three warnings from three separate judges. Loss of road contact in a bent knee form is considered running, not Power Walking.
• Check the Sports Lounge at the Dixie Center for possible clinics.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to top three finishers in each event for each age division. Medals will be presented at the completion of each event.
Sport Sponsor Social: (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 7
Time: 10:00 am (approximately)
Location: UNITY Park, 325 West 400 South, Ivins