Assistants: Sandy King, Aaron Metler, Anilee Bundy
5K and Half-Marathon
Schedule: All athletes must check in at the venue 30 minutes before start of their race
Thursday, Oct. 9
7:45 am Half-Marathon
8:45 am 5K
5-Year Age Brackets - 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries
$10 Per Event
Early Bird Deadline (Save $20) – August 1
Final Registration Deadline – September 1
• Participants may enter either the 5K or Half-Marathon event, not both.
• Age division for competition will be based on participant's age on October 6, 2014.
Format / Rules:
• The 5K is an out-and-back course on the Virgin River Trail System.
• The Half-Marathon course is a loop on the Virgin River Trail System.
• For the 5K event, participants may run or walk.
• For the Half-Marathon event, only runners able to complete the race within 3.0 hours will be permitted to enter.
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge at the venue check-in desk 30 minutes before the start of their race.
• Chip timing will be used.
• Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to the top three finishers of each age division in each event.
• Overall medals will be awarded to the overall top male and overall top female finishers in each event.
• Medals will be awarded following the race at the Sport Sponsor Social.
Sport Sponsor Social: (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Thursday, Oct. 9
Time: 10:00 am (approximately)
Location: Crosby Family Confluence Park, 1850 South Convention Center Drive