Directors: Clark Hancock
Assistants: Jill Luttrell, Jennifer Hemenway
Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles
Monday, Oct. 3 - 8:00 am - 7:30 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 4 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Wednesday, Oct. 5 - 8:00 am - 7:30 pm
Thursday, Oct. 6 - 8:00 am - 7:30 pm
Friday, Oct. 7 - 8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Saturday, Oct. 8 - 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Singles, Monday, Oct. 3 – Friday, Oct. 7
Doubles, Monday, Oct. 3 – Friday, Oct. 7
Mixed Doubles, Monday, Oct. 3 – Saturday, Oct. 8
Tonaquint Tennis Complex, 1851 South Dixie Drive, St. George
Green Valley Resort, 1871 West Canyon View Dr., St. George
Bloomington Country Club, 1371 South Bloomington Dr., St. George
Summit Athletic Club, 1532 East 1450 South, St. George
Desert Hills High School Tennis Courts, 828 East Desert Hills Dr., St. George
Snow Canyon High School Tennis Courts, 1385 North Lava Flow Dr., St. George
Dixie State University, 225 South 700 East, St. George
Age Divisions: Singles, Doubles and Mixed Doubles: 5-Year Age Brackets
Skill Divisions: Open - NTRP of 3.5 and above; Challenger – NTRP of 3.5 and lower
Individuals / Partners: 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84, 85-89, 90-94, 95-99, 100+
Games officials reserve the right to cancel any event or combine age divisions due to insufficient entries
$12 Per Event - Singles, Doubles, Mixed Doubles
• Event is USTA sanctioned (#250011116), however, all registration will be handled by Huntsman World Senior Games. All USA residents must be members of USTA to compete. Call USTA at 800-990-8782 for membership information. International Federation memberships will be honored.
• Participants must indicate their NTRP and USTA (or International Federation) Number in the spaces provided on their registration form.
• Participants may enter a maximum of 2 events. The 2 events may include a maximum of one each of Singles, Doubles and/or Mixed Doubles.
• In Singles, age divisions 50 to 74, participants with an NTRP above 3.5 will be placed in the Open Division; those with ratings lower than 3.5 will be placed in the Challenger Division; participants with an NTRP of 3.5 must choose to play in either the Open or Challenger Division by indicating their preference on their registration form. If no choice is made, the participant will be placed in the Open Division. In age divisions 75+ there will be only one skill division.
• Participants must indicate their doubles and mixed doubles partners’ Huntsman World Senior Games Athlete Number on their registration form.
• In Doubles events, teams, age divisions 50 to 74, with a combined NTRP above 7.0 will be placed in the Open Division; teams with a combined NTRP lower than 7.0 will be placed in the Challenger Division; teams with a combined NTRP of 7.0 must choose to play in either the Open or Challenger Division by indicating their preference on their registration form. If no choice is made, the team will be placed in the Open Division. In age divisions 75+ there will be only one skill division.
• If you need a partner in any doubles event, check PartnerFinder on our website for a listing, by sport, of individuals looking for partners.
• Participants will be seeded based on past performance at the Huntsman World Senior Games and seeding information provided by USTA.
• Previous year's Challenger Division winners must play in Open Division in singles and doubles.
Format / Rules:
• USTA rules will govern play.
• Each day Singles will start first thing in the morning, followed by either Doubles then Mixed Doubles or Mixed Doubles then Doubles.
• Participants must present their Huntsman World Senior Games ID Badge at the venue check-in desk before their first match.
• Participants must also check-in at the venue check-in desk at least 15 minutes prior to each of their matches.
• It is the participants’ responsibility to check the times of each of their matches.
• Participants will be defaulted if they are unable to play within 15 minutes after their match is called.
• Matches will be best of 3 sets. Ties in the first and second set will be decided by a 7-point tie-breaker - win by 2. Third set, if required, will be a 10-point tie-breaker - win by 2.
• Draws with 5 or more participants will play a “Full Feed-In Consolation” format.
• Draws with 4 participants will play a round-robin format.
• Depending on the number of entries received, some draws may be combined – players will not be notified.
• Draws for first match will be posted at the Dixie Center the Sunday before the Games begin. They will also be available at USTA.com, Tournament ID # #250011116 the weekend before the Games begin.
Additional Tournament Rules:
• Matches will not be rescheduled to accommodate participants’ schedules in other sports. Tennis participants may not register for other sports scheduled during their Tennis events.
• Tennis participants are requested to provide a contact number when they check-in at the Dixie Center and at their Tennis venue (i.e., a phone number on which they may be reached during the Games).
• Participants who need to drop out of the tournament are expected to notify the Tournament Directors before leaving.
• Partners cannot be substituted mid-tournament.
Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded in each event for each age and skill division. The Consolation winner will receive the Bronze medal. Medals will be awarded at the conclusion of the championship match.
Sport Social: (ID Badge or Ticket Required)
Date: Wednesday, Oct. 5
Time: 6:30 pm
Location: Washington County Regional Park (Fairgrounds), 5500 West 700 South, Hurricane