Director: Sue Mailhot
Assistants: George Egan, Gregg Jensen, Crystal Lewis
Men – 55+ / 65+ / 73+ / 79+
Women - 50+ (Division 1 & 2, Division 1 is the higher skill division) / 60+ / 70+
Friday, Oct. 10 - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday, Oct. 11 - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Monday, Oct. 13 - 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Tuesday, Oct. 14 - 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Men – 50+ / 60+ / 70+ / 75+
Women - 55+ / 65+ / 73+ / 75+
Wednesday, Oct. 15 - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Thursday, Oct. 16 - 8:00 am - 9:00 pm
Friday, Oct. 17 - 8:00 am - 6:00 pm
Saturday, Oct. 18 - 8:00 am - 7:00 pm
Dixie Convention Center - Exhibit Hall, 1835 Convention Center Dr., St. George
Desert Hills High School, 828 Desert Hills Dr., St. George
Desert Hills Middle School, 936 East Desert Hills Dr., St. George
Dixie High School, 350 East 700 South, St. George
Dixie Middle School, 825 South 100 East, St. George
Men: 50+, 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 73+, 75+, 79+
Women: 50+ (Division 1 & 2, Division 1 is the higher skill division), 55+, 60+, 65+, 70+, 73+, 75+
$28 Per Person Per Team
• Participation is limited to 90 teams per session.
• There are no residency requirements for team members.
• Age division of team is determined by the age of the youngest player.
• Teams may ‘play down’ in a lower age division.
• Teams must register by September 1 – no exceptions! call Huntsman World Senior Games office (800-562-1268) for forms or register on-line.
• Individual team members must register by September 1.
• Team members will be required to enter their team number when registering.
• As players register they are automatically added to their team's roster.
• Teams with less than 6 players on their roster on September 1, may be cancelled and there will be no refund.
• Participants may play on only one team in each Session.
• Participants who play on two teams (in different sessions) must pay two Sport Fees ($28 per person for each team).
• After September 1, changes can be made to the team roster by calling the Huntsman World Senior Games office (800-562-1268) and speaking directly to Bonnie (Registration Dept.). All rosters are final at the Captains Meetings unless approved by the director.
• Schedules will be available on our website (www.seniorgames.net) on October 1.
MANDATORY CAPTAINS MEETINGS
Session 1, Thursday - Oct. 9 – 5:00 pm–Dixie Center (1835 Convention Center Dr., St. George)
Session 2, Tuesday – Oct. 14 – 5:00 pm–Dixie Center (1835 Convention Center Dr., St. George)
FORMAT / RULES
• USAV rules will govern play.
• Team Captains must supply uniform numbers for all players prior to their first match.
• Up to two liberos may be designated per match. If zero or one libero is for the first set, a different libero may be identified for subsequent sets.
• The libero will be allowed to serve. View official rule on libero serving.
• The libero must wear a uniform that is clearly contrasting in comparison to the color of the regular jersey color of the other team members in accordance with USAV rule 19.2.
• Teams must have uniforms of identical shirts with permanent numbers 1-99 (minimum size: 4” on front, 6” on back).
• Teams must wear similarly colored shorts.
• Net Height: Women 50+ = 7' 2-1/8", Men 50-54 = 7' 11-5/8", Men 55-69 = 7' 9-5/8", Men 70+ = 7' 6".
Substitutions and Number of Players:
• Teams are allowed 12 substitutions per set with unlimited entries per individual. More than one substitute may enter the set in each position.
• A team must start the match with 6 players. If after starting, a team is reduced to less than 6 players, a team will be allowed to play with 5 players. Specific playing procedures will be provided at the tournament desk.
• Tachikara will be the official volleyball game ball.
• First two days of play will consist of pool play followed by double elimination championship play.
• Only players who play on a team during pool play are eligible to play on that same team during championship play.
• Initial pool seedings will be based on previous years’ HWSG results wherever possible.
• All pool play matches will consist of 2 sets to 25 points, win by 2 points, no cap.
• Bracket play will consist of the best 2 out of 3 sets to 25 points, win by 2 points, no cap; third set to 15 points win by 2 points, no cap.
• A full tournament guarantees each team will play a minimum of 16 sets with some teams playing 20 or more.
• Based on the number of teams, Championship play will be divided into skill divisions (i.e. Gold, Silver and Bronze)
• Participants must present their HWSG ID Badges to the referee prior to each match.
• The tournament director reserves the right to make tournament adjustments as the situation dictates.
• If a team forfeits a game they may be removed from the tournament at the discretion of the Tournament Directors.
Tie Breaking Procedures:
• Teams qualifying for a specific level of tournament, but tied for position only will not compete in a playoff, but position will be determined by the priority system listed below based on point differential to the extent as possible:
1. Results of the match(es) between the tied teams, first on the won-lost record, and second on the point spread. If still tied, then:
2. Comparison of the point differential based on the total round robin competition. Point differential should be determined by subtracting the total points lost from the total points won. The highest plus or the lowest minus remainder should be considered the superior team for tie-breaking purposes. If still tied, then:
3. Coin toss
• If there are more teams tied for the playoff's than there are positions, procedures on page 243 of the USA Volleyball rulebook (DCR) will be used.
• The prescribed USAV pre-match (marching out) protocol will not be used at this tournament. However, at the end of the prescribed warm-up procedures, both teams and the referees will line up on the side line in front of the scoring table. The referee will blow the whistle and signal the 2 teams onto the court to shake hands and start the match.
In each division, Gold, Silver and Bronze medals will be awarded to all players on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams, respectively. Medals will be awarded immediately following the championship matches.
SPORT SPONSOR SOCIALS (ID Badge or Ticket Required) - NOTE: The Social will have a Luau theme this year, in case you would like to dress appropriately!
Session 1 - Monday, Oct. 13
Session 2 - Friday, Oct. 17
Time: 7:00 pm
Location: Washington County Regional Park - Fairgrounds, 5500 West 700 South, Hurricane